Changing your current company Logo as a business owner, you may find yourself questioning whether or not your logo still fits your business. You may be toying around with the idea of giving your logo a total makeover or a face lift. Do not worry though; this is something that a lot of businesses consider all the time. In most cases, it is businesses that have been around for a while. This is generally the case because older, existing businesses tend to change over time and feel that their logo does not really suit their business anymore, which is very likely. This is due to the fact that businesses grow, expand, and change over time. However, should you change your logo? Before you decide, you should be aware of the possible risks and the possible rewards.
Why Change your Logo?
If you are changing your logo just because, this may not be a very good choice. However, for businesses that have had the same logo for a long time, changing your current company Logo may be necessary. This is a pretty common issue that businesses face. When a business has been around for a while and they have had the same logo since they have been opened, they find that their logo may not suit their business any more. This is due to numerous different things, such as:
- The business may have changed. It could be a partnership instead of privately owned.
- If your name is involved in the logo, you may have gotten married.
- You may have expanded your business. When your logo was designed, you may have just been a bookstore, but perhaps you added in a café or coffee shop.
- Your business could have changed in what you offer or sale.
These are some of the various reasons why you may want to update or give your logo a complete makeover. Just like times, businesses change too. A lot of people are hesitant to make a change to their logo because they are fearful of whether it will be a good idea or bad idea.
The Risks and the Rewards of Modifying your Logo
The uncertainty of modifying your logo is very common. This is because there are possible risks to changing your logo, but there are some rewards too. Before you make your decision about changing your current company Logo, you may want to consider the risks and the rewards. By doing this, you could help yourself decide to change your logo or decide against changing your logo. It all boils down to whether or not the rewards out weigh the risks. If the risks out weigh the rewards, then you may want to hold off. Here are the risks and rewards:
- Reward: A change in your logo could infuse your company with a new excitement
- Risk: You may change your logo too drastically and cause people not to recognize you
- Reward: You could update your look in to something that is more acceptable
- Reward: People could be attracted to your new logo
- Risk: Your new logo may not appeal to your customers
- Risk: You may make your new logo too trendy, which will only mean that you will have to update it again.
These are just some of the possible risks and rewards. Before you make any decision, you need to seriously consider the pros and the cons of the situation. Changing your logo may not seem like a big deal, but it truly is. You could have a good reaction to your change in logos or you could receive a negative reaction from your change.