- Mcdonald's new package design
- American Airlines and its new identity
- Ecological Logo Design - The Logo Boutique
- Minimalistic Logo Design - The logo Boutique
- The difference between each File Format
- What the Color of Your Logo Design Means
- Market Your Company with Good Logo Design
- Professional Logo Design Brief
- Professional Logo Design
- About Your Custom Logo Design Files
What is a Good Logo Design?
There might be times when you see a company logo design and you can’t help but wonder “Hmm…I should’ve thought of that”. But what is it about that logo that’s making you feel that way? Is it the coloring? Or no, maybe it is its pattern?
The identity of a brand is defined by its logo. There are five very important elements of a good logo design:
- It should be memorable.
- It should be relevant to the products and services of the business in question.
- It should be easily describable by anyone.
- It should be easily scalable even when it is published or printed to the smallest size.
- It should be effective even when it has no color.
The design of a logo is very crucial to the business image. The most important thing in a logo design is its ability to implant the name of a business or company into the minds of customers. A logo is successful only when people are able to remember them instantly. In order to make sure that the design of a logo is good, there are a number of important things the designer will need to do prior to starting the design process:
- The designer should consult the company executives to find out the business philosophy of the company. Even if the company logo design does not reflect the philosophy completely, it mustn’t contradict it either. Most importantly, the logo must not have crude or flashy elements.
- The designer should find out the selling principles regarding the products of the business. Good logo design samples are those that convey the message of the products and services of the company. However, care must be taken that it is not choked up with too many ideas. Sometimes, designers make the mistake of putting in too many elements into a logo, such as symbols, colors and fonts. Sometimes, in an attempt to deliver the entire message of a mustn’t niche, designers also end up making the mistake of using too much text. A good design should be one with fewer elements, but able to deliver the entire message at a quick glance.
- The designer should select the shape of the logo very carefully. A good logo should have a basic shape. It should have a design that sells. Most importantly, it should be a design that appeals to the market.
- It is advisable that the designer prepares some preliminary company logo design samples first, and then picks out the most suitable one from them. This selected design can then be given the final finishing touches to make it perfect.